Community Development Director
City of Redmond, Oregon - October 2016 - September 2017
Oversee and direct the City’s Community Development Department including Planning, Building, Urban Renewal, Code Compliance, Community Development Block Grant, and Economic Development activities. Responsible for department initiatives, budget preparation, and personnel management (combined annual budgets of $19.8 million; staff of 17).
Community relations: quickly developed relationships, built consensus, and became a trusted partner with policymakers, stakeholders, and citizens alike.
Development and refinement of departmental rules; evaluation of programs and policies to clarify expectations and achieve process efficiencies.
- Employee and community engagement to ensure project and policy focus for maximum results.
- Real estate and land-acquisition for public projects including park expansion and urban development.
Economic & Urban Renewal Director
City of Albany, Oregon - July 2013 - October 2016
Urban Renewal Manager - July 2008 - July 2013
Urban Renewal Coordinator - October 2006 - July 2008
Responsible for the City’s economic development and redevelopment activities including budget preparation (combined annual budgets of $14.4 million). Served as part of the city’s leadership team, liaison to City Council, Urban Renewal board, and other various committees. Always striving to inform, educate, and quantify results for informed policymakers and an educated public.
- Oversight and recommendations related to public private partnerships have yielded over $75M in private investment, the creation of 130 jobs, and 274 new housing units with a focus on affordable housing and equity.
- Developed and communicated plans, goals, and policies, marketed programs and handled community relations related to redevelopment, urban renewal and economic projects in the city.
- Implemented new urban renewal district; experienced in various land-use and budgeting processes including LUBA Appeal, litigation, ballot initiatives, and crafting complex contracts.
- Developed plans, goals, and policies related to redevelopment, urban renewal and economic projects in the city.
- Championed a unique partnership between City, local industries, and community college resulting in the City’s investment in equipment needed for workforce development programs.
Communication Integration Leader
Wachovia Bank, Charlotte, NC June 2005 – October 2006
Strategic Communications Leader for 5,500-person line of business with this Fortune 100 Company.
- Quickly built relationships and trust with business partners, leaders, and executive team.
- Created and implemented strategic communication plans for various key initiatives/projects including design and production of marketing collateral and website.
- Worked as primary contact for web editing/publishing, liaison to Wachovia Direct Access Internet Operations.
- Designed, created, produced pieces including brochures, posters and marketing collateral.
community involvement coordinator
Wachovia Bank, Salem, Oregon September 2004 – June 2005
Community outreach and employee engagement for Wachovia's newly sited call-center in Oregon.
- Quickly created connections and trusted partnerships with to community leaders in the Salem area.
- Created strategic communication plan for site, including planning and implementation of intranet site, newsletter as well as other communication guidelines.
- Employee engagement through Great Place to Work teams including: Community Involvement, Communication, Continuing Education, Diversity, and Rising Stars.
- Coordinated grand opening including visits from dignitaries such as Representative Darlene Hooley.
Video Product Specialist (Analyst)
Oregon State Lottery, Salem, Oregon March 2003 - September 2004
- Evaluated needs/created custom reporting system, analyzed sales of$170M product
- Assisted in writing business initiatives, product plans, communication strategies
- Reviewed and evaluated results from quantitative and qualitative research surveys
Business & Systems Analyst
PNC Bank Multi-Family Capital, Portland, Oregon June 1999 - March 2003
Business/Database Analyst – Worked with CIO to develop business and communication strategies for department as well as specific projects. Coordinated with managers/employees to evaluate needs, create and implement project plans and create customized solutions. Managed projects and met important deadlines to ensure great results, evaluated projects post-implementation. Coordinated and conducted trainings and wrote technical documents in support of our systems.